17th Estonian Folk Music Arrangements Festival "Moisekatsi Elohelü" takes place on April 21-22, 2017, at Mooste Manor in Pôlva County.
The premiere of oratorio "Tähemõrsja" ("Star Bride"), based on Põlva County folk tunes and texts will take place, and the ensemble Käokirjas will perform.
Later, both performers and guests can take part in a large instrumentalists' jam with
Käokirjas - there will be dancing until midnight! Traditionally, we will take a moment to pay our respects to our ancestors.
On Saturday, April 22, music will take over the whole territory of Mooste Manor. The Open Stage, Barn Theatre, Vodka Factory, and other buildings are open, there will be a bonfire in the silo tower for people to sing around. The evening culminates with a big competition concert in the Folk Chamber, where the flight of fantasy and interpretation skills of musicians will be tested.
Estonian Folk Music Arrangements Festival "Moisekatsi Elohelü":
- two days of exciting concerts, workshops, and joint singing in the historical Mooste Manor;
- music arrangements competition, where the performers' vocal and instrument-playing skills, creative fantasy and technical skills will be tested;
- a place, where folk music also sounds in contemporary form, where different interpretations are welcome and a bridge is built between the old and the new;
- a place to experience Old-Võrumaa's customs and cultural heritage;
- an experience proving that folk music shining in the changing times of today, in new traditions and forms, valuing our roots.